Any sign company can fabricate a sign. Only a select few will guide you through a complete process, resulting in a truly effective sign that will maximize your return on investment.
Your approach to hiring a sign company should be similar to the one you use for hiring an employee. They should have the basic skills of design, fabrication, installation, project management and permit processing (for outdoor signs).
Questions to ask your candidate sign company
Give me an example of your work that illustrates a ...
- Good design. What makes it a good design?
- Creative use of materials. Why did you use those materials?
- Particularly challenging installation. What made it challenging and how did you overcome the challenge?
- Complex project. What made it complex and how did you deal with the complexity?
- Particularly challenging sign permit situation. Why was it challenging and how did you overcome it?
- Situation where a problem with your work was discovered a month, six months or a year after you completed the project. How did you address it?
Every employer looks for employees who add value to the team, beyond their every day responsibilities.
- Give me an example of how you would add something of value to my company beyond your basic duties. Why do you think it is valuable?
You may not understand some of the technical jargon you hear. Don’t hesitate to ask for clarification or trust your instincts. You may be surprised by how easy it will be to detect which sign companies stand above the rest.
And last, but not least, hire a sign company you trust. You should get a sense of trustworthiness from your conversations then confirm it with first hand references.
- Can you provide a few references from other companies you have helped in a manner similar to how you would help us?
We wish you the best of luck on your search for the right sign company and are happy to answer your questions and hear your thoughts. Feel free to share them with us directly or in the comment section below.